Private Cloud is the focus of the systems such as power, storage, and applications needed to serve the business. The infrastructure of the Private Cloud is the center of the IT system architecture, which transmits all the data and the information service of business. In the process of designing and building the infrastructure of the Private Cloud, it is essential to pay special attention to the performance features, reliability, stability, and scalability.
Infrastructure is a structural network providing secure access for end users to the Private Cloud services and is the infrastructure for the development, connections, and centralized sharing components of Private Cloud as needed, including the application, server systems, equipment and storage systems. A Private Cloud network is built and good planned supplying the ability to protect the integrity of data and services, optimizing the application in terms of performance and availability, enabling meet quickly to the changing requirements of the market, the priority in the development of business and technology. Hence Private Cloud technology is the optimized technology solutions for businesses these days.
Network of Private cloud
In the Private Cloud model, there should be 3 types of network as follows:
- Management network: connect components such as NFS / Storage (attached is the switch / firewall / router respectively) with hypervisor (like XenServer / VMware / HyperV hosts). The Bare Metal (physical server) must have one NIC for network management.
- Service network: to be used to connect the Virtual Machines. Each Bare metal (physical server) which is installed a hypervisor (virtualization software such as Xen Server, VMware ESXi or Hyper-V) will need at least one network card for this network service.
- Public network: As the name suggests, this network enables cloud-node to be connected to the Internet. This network allows the Virtual Machine of cloud-node to access the internet.
- In addition to the architectural complex, if necessary, we can add Storage network to connect with cloud nodes and special storage systems supporting virtualization.
Private Cloud architect
- Management server: At least one physical server for the management server uses cloud system administrators, users …., this server configuration does not require high processing and huge storage system.
- Cloud server (node): At least one physical server for the cloud server, this server requires high processing configuration but do not need large storage. When the system needs expansion, it will expand these Cloud Servers.
- NFS plays a role of OS image storage and software required for the Virtual Machine. Minimum 1 NAS / SAN or a server is configured with NFS Server role. This server does not require high configuration but needs large storage to accommodate data which is needed to back up.
- 2 Switch, 1 switch for networking Management (Connection Cloud Server <-> NFS <-> Firewall) and 1 switch network connects Service (Cloud Server <-> Firewall).
- 1 Firewall (provides connectivity for three networks, management, and public service)
The benefits of private cloud deployment
In the Private Cloud model, there should be 3 types of network following:
- Construction of more powerful servers is made by summing the resource from the server having a low profile.
- The host system is constructed more stably by dispersing capability, auto-snapshot, auto backup and migration of the systems when a physical server has the problems.
- Flexibility in the deployment, backup, recovery when the incident occurs.
- Shorten the time of service deployment (choose the size of servers, the place to backup, the number of servers, OS and launch options).
- More security through integrated System Security Group.
- Helps users to change the way of thinking about the setup, deployment a system …