The number of cloud storage that serve for both individuals and business is now increasing considerably. And OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, Box are four of the best cloud service available with multiple different advantages.
Also known as Skydrive, One Drive is a built-in cloud service matched with Windows 8 and even higher versions. OneDrive provides many features including the most special one is ‘Fetch files’ option. With this feature, you can access data of your PC from another system without requirement in your OneDrive folder. Except Dropbox, there is no other cloud service that allows Windows phone integration like OneDrive. You can make your account secure by using TouchID.
- For the characteristic of building in the Windows operating system, it support continuous works with all Windows devices.
- OneDrive allows files to be managed simply in Microsoft’s other applications like Word and Excel.
- Signing up an account in OneDrive means that you also have it in Microsoft, and it allows you to work with other features of Microsoft.
- Because OneDrive organizes data automatically so you can control the correct folders that files are located.
2. Google Drive:
Google Drive is much the same as OneDrive, except for the integration with Google Docs, which is the same with Android and Chrome OS. As with Microsoft’s offering, if you have a Gmail account, it also supports you in Google Drive.
Google Drive is a collaboration of all the characteristics in Google. The Drag and drop option in Google Drive makes it trouble-free to use. You are able to backup photos automatically without the requirement for Google Photos app.
- With Google account, you are already have the ability to work with almost features in Google Drive.
- The attachments in your email from Gmail can be saved directly to Drive simply and quickly.
- Back up your photos automatically on your demand without the need for Google Photos app.
- Google Drive’s tools are designed to create documents, spreadsheets or presentations, however, the edited files must be exported into another program.
- One storage space serve for two functions of Gmail and Google Drive, so your cloud storage space is seemed to be less.
Dropbox has all the features of a basic storage service. It’s very similar to the interface from a desktop computer inculding the possibility to manage files into both folders and sub-folders. Selected folders can be shared with other people if you want even if the file is too weighty to send over email.
Box is a business-focused service with a long list of sharing features. Box is different from other cloud storage services in the view of focusing mainly on business. More than a cloud storage service, Box provides other solutions for sharing securely, synchronization, management, etc.
File can be shared with specific group in public or privacy up to your decision . Plentiful features complicated in Box support your group to simultaneously work on a project.
So what is the best for you? Tell us in the discussion below.